How to Choose your watch strap size is relatively easy:
To choose your correct watch strap size here are three simple options:
- Look at the back of your watch strap and see if you can find a number on it. Usually there will be a number like 14, 18, 20 or 22 on the back of the strap. This indicates the strap width in millimetres. That’s all the measurement you need to get you replacement strap. Just select a new strap with the same number that you have on the back of your existing strap.
- Does your watch have a number on the back metal casing? Look for a five digit number like for example ( 53007). If you e-mail us the five digit number we can find the strap that will suit your watch. Simply e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Measure the “horn gap” on your watch. The “horn gap” is the distance between the two metal “lugs” on the case of your watch that connects your strap to the watch case. (See the picture below).
Horn Gap measurement- How to choose your watch strap size
All you need for this is a metric ruler. Measure the gap distance inside the two metal “struts” or “lugs” that the watch strap is attached to.
In the example shown, you can see that the strap width is 2 cm or 20mm, so you would need a 20mm strap size replacement.
Please note: Do not measure the distance across the top of your leather strap as the existing strap may have shrunk or become worn and may give an inaccurate measurement.
Taking Care of your watch Strap – How to choose your watch strap size
Once you have found your new watch strap size and ordered a new one, here are a few tips on how to keep it looking like new.
- Avoid getting oily hand lotions or body lotions on the strap. These lotions can soften the thread stitching on the strap and could cause the stitching to unravel.
- Clean the strap with liquid hand cleaners. These evaporate quickly and leave very little residue on the strap.
- Avoid using soap or water as this can again soften the stitching.
How to choose your watch strap size: colour options
A new strap will give your watch an entirely new lease of life. Click here to see examples of some of the watch straps we have available for immediate delivery.