The "Best Watch Brands for Men": What to look for when buying a man's watch.
Who makes the best watch brands for men? Is it a Rolex, a Tag, a Patek Phillippe, or a Jaeger-LeCoultre maybe? Or is it one of the high quality boutique manufacturers where all your money goes on the watch, not on paying for the celebrity endorsement.
Best watch brands for men: putting quality first.
There are four key things you need to ask yourself before you buy a watch. Do you want quality? Do you want a brand name? Are you looking for a fashion piece or do you want value for money? Leading brands spend millions of pounds creating an image. When you buy a brand, you know that a large chunk of your money is going towards the glossy advertising, the celebrity endorsements and the uptown retail space. We all know that when we buy a pair of jeans or a T-Shirt with a big brand name you are still getting a product made in China or Turkey. The power of the brand has always been and always will be extremely powerful. Where would Aston Martin be without James Bond?
The Best Watch Brands for Men: More Fact - and less Fiction
When choosing a man's watch, the look and quality are the key factors. For most people a watch is not a throw-away item. In essence, quality matters and a good watch will always outlast any fashion trend. The word "Time-less" and "Timepiece" go hand in hand. A watch is a high precision instrument. So if we want something that will last a lifetime we need the best quality - not just the most well-known name. The big brands are renowned for their high price but are you getting value for money?
When searching for the "best" man's watch you need to focus on the quality versus the price you're paying. So what should you look for? Here are the sort of things that indicate a watch is likely to be one you will leave to your children:
Ten things to help you choose the best watch brands for men:
- Where was it made? The words "Swiss Made" have been a sign of high-quality workmanship and engineering for decades.
- Is it water-proof, and if so, just how deep can you go? Although you probably have no intention of testing it to the limit, the manufacturer's "depth" guarantee indicates the quality of the watch-seal itself.
- What is the quality of the metal used?
- How scratch proof is the watch face?
- What is the re-sale value like?
- Is it "timeless" or just a fashion piece that will end up in a drawer?
- Most important, is it actually easy to read? Many watches are badly designed and hard to read in poor light.
- Is it a limited edition or mass produced? Limited edition watches are often hard to find and therefore keep their price and can often increase in value.
- How much of your money is going to precision high quality and how much is simply paying for the brand name?
- Is it the sort of watch you would be pleased to pass on to the next generation?
The best watch brands for men: Buying from a high quality boutique watch-maker.
One of the best boutique watch makers in the World is the renowned Swiss watch-maker, Claude Bernard. The Claude Bernard brand is renowned for stunning design and extraordinary build quality. The prices are surprisingly low and that reflects the fact that the company focus purely on quality - with less money going on expensive advertising. So here are just three mens' watches from the extensive range.
Claude Bernard Man's Watch 85017: Stunning looks, fantastic build quality and you won't believe the price ......... £625.00
Best Watch brands for men: The key benefits of the 85017
- There are very few Swiss watch manufactures making the traditional style of having the winding crown of the watch on the left hand side.
- The main benefits of having the winding crown on the left is to avoid damaging the watch from moving your wrist backwards.
- Left hand winding watches sit more comfortable on your wrist because the winder does not cut into your flesh..
- Good for Sports people, a left hand winding mechanism is a positive advantage to Golfers and Tennis players who need free wrist action.
- The millions of left handed people in the world can have a watch that looks great and is easier for them to operate. Probably not a factor for right handed people but a key point for all the "lefties" out there.
- Notably a truly unique design. The automatic mechanism can be viewed from the front and the rear. As a result it looks outstanding.
Best Watch Brands For men: Two more stunners from The Claude Bernard Range
Claude Bernard Man's Watch 08001: Timeless style and beautifully made ....... £1275.00
Best Watch brands for men: The key benefits of the 08001
- A superb automatic mechanism produced by Dubois-Depraz . Of particular interest is the Fast start/stop/reset time recording functions.
- The time keeping Chronograph function driven by an automatic movement. This is rare because most Chronographs are quartz based.
- The case of the watch stands 12.8 mm high on your wrist so it will look outstanding from a distance.
- The internal working of the watch can be observed through the sapphire crystal window on its underside.
- Water proof to 50 meters reflecting the high level of quality and workmanship.
- As a result of the build quality this watch is deservedly at the top of the Claude Bernard range.
Claude Bernard Man's Watch 41001: A most unusual design .......... Only £355.00
Best Watch brands for men: The key benefits of the 41001
- A unique design and display features.
- Most noteworthy is the extremely easy to read date.
- The day of the week barometer is individual to this Claude Bernard design.
- Due to the case standing 10mm tall it will be seen from the other side of a room.
- Six different watch face colours to choose from.
- Note that all Claude Bernard watches are made in limited quantities. So this design will be one of the few.
If you would like to see more watches for men from the Claude Bernard range click here.